July 28, 2015

Ocean City | #DirtyThirtyOCMD...

If you saw my last post you know I spent this past weekend away in Ocean City, MD with Erin and Day. Here is how that went...

We left Long Island around 4:00AM and arrived in Ocean City a little after 9:00AM. As soon as we got to the hotel (This particular visit we stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel, which was nicer than any other place we've stayed at before) we attempted early check in and were told that they didn't have a room available just yet but they would call us the minute one was ready. But in the meantime we'd be able to use their pool, etc.

Since it was still early we decided that we'd change out of our traveling clothes and head over to the boardwalk for a bike ride because you're able to ride bikes on the Ocean City boardwalk before 11:00AM every day (It starts getting crazy as the day goes on and it's kind of impossible to do after a certain time). So we rode the boardwalk, I crashed into another bike rider because of a person walking was weaving all over the place (We were both fine, just our wheels crashed) and as soon as we returned the bikes, which was a little before 11:00AM, we decided that we needed a drink.

So we found the nearest bar that was open and serving alcohol that early (Which was Pit & Pub), and started drinking Orange Crushes which are like the drink of Ocean City -- Day and I want to do a Day Drinking post about all the drinks of Ocean City, so look out for that.
We hung out there for a few hours, got a little drunk, ate sme food and eventually decided to go see if our room was ready. Thankfully it was so we checked in, grabbed our stuff from the car, made a beeline to our room to throw our bathing suits on and we headed down to the beach for a few hours.
After getting enough sun, we were heading to our room to change and found out that the hotel serves it's guests tea and crumpets between the hours of 3:00PM - 4:00PM, so we partook in that before actually going to our room. Once we were all clean and changed, we headed over to Fish Tales for dinner and drinks at the recommendation of a local we had meet at Pit & Pub. It was a cute little place but unfortunately none of us were very fond of the food we'd been served and were totally turned off to the place after our sub par meal, so we went back to the hotel as soon as we paid the bill.

The next day happened to be Erin's thirty birthday, so we went to Barn 34 for breakfast at her request and had a lovely little meal. After that we headed to the beach for more tanning and swimming, then  we partook in tea and crumpets before heading over to Seacrets to get our hands stamped at the lower cover charge, so we could go party there later in the evening for $5.00 instead of $10.00 and then we got all you can eat crabs from On The Bay Seafood. When we were done being gluttons we went back to the hotel to shower and change, then we headed back out to Seacrets.
We only lasted an hour there before getting annoyed and going back downtown towards our hotel. We really weren't ready to go back back to the hotel so we stopped into Mother's Cantina and had a blast drinking margaritas and eating midnight/1:00AM tacos.
The next day or the same day depending on how you look at it, we started our eating drinking tanning pattern again. This time we went to The Bayside Skillet for breakfast, we tanned by the pool instead of at the beach, went to Mother's Cantina for happy hour, went back to our room to change, ate Pizza Hut while we got ready and went to Macky's for drinks. After a couple of drinks we headed back to the hotel because we were planning on waking up early-ish to drink back to Long Island.
Initially we were going to leave around 7:30AM but there was a thunderstorm, so we decided to hang out for a couple more hours before attempting to drive home. In those hours we checked out and got ourselves some yummy fresh donuts from The Fractured Prune.
It was still meh outside around 9:30AM, so we just said screw it and started on our six hour journey back home. We had a nice ride back despite some rain in the first hour. We listened to music, ate gummi bears, talked about movies and comics, etc. It was a good time.

Eventually we got home only having to deal with a little bit of traffic in Staten Island (If you've ever driven through New York you know that driving through Staten Island is ALWAYS a nightmare). I dropped them off at their apartment and then I drove back to mine.

So yeah, we had a pretty sweet little four day weekend. I'd say we'd do it again but I think we might try somewhere new next year. I dunno, well see... But anyways we enjoyed ourselves.

No comments :

Post a Comment