MENU

September 11, 2015

The Visit...

Wednesday night I had the opportunity to attended an advance screening of M. Night Shyamalan's newest offering The Visit (2015), which I was super excited about being invited to because the trailer for this movie looks awesome.

Writer/director/producer M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable) and producer Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity, The Purge and Insidious series) welcome you to Universal Pictures’ The Visit.  Shyamalan returns to his roots with the terrifying story of a brother and sister who are sent to their grandparents’ remote Pennsylvania farm for a weeklong trip.  Once the children discover that the elderly couple is involved in something deeply disturbing, they see their chances of getting back home are growing smaller every day.      

Shyamalan produces The Visit through his Blinding Edge Pictures, while Blum produces through his Blumhouse Productions alongside Marc Bienstock (Quarantine 2: Terminal).  Steven Schneider (Insidious) and Ashwin Rajan (Devil) executive produce the thriller.

Genre: Thriller             
Cast: Kathryn Hahn, Deanna Dunagan, Peter McRobbie, Ed Oxenbould, Olivia DeJonge
Written and Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan
Produced by: M. Night Shyamalan, Jason Blum, Marc Bienstock
Executive Producers: Steven Schneider, Ashwin Rajan
Rated: PG-13
Release Date: September 11th, 2015


Seeing as this is an M. Night Shyamalan film I don't want to go into too much detail about the movie, but what I will say is that it totally wasn't what the three of us (Myself, Nick and my sister's boyfriend Erik) were expecting and because of that we loved it more than we would have if it was what we thought it was. Does that make any sense?

If it doesn't, just know that we all really enjoyed it. It was ninety-four minutes of pure entertainment in my opinion, as well as that of the guys.

It's the kind of movie where if there is a good crowd (That is if you're into an interactive crowd. I am when it comes to horror/thriller type movies), it'll be even better. There were lots of people jumping back in their seats, screaming and making comments in the theater (I love me a well timed "OH HELL NO!") and it was just golden.

Overall I'm super happy with M. Night's newest offering to the World, especially since the last film of his that I saw was The Happening (2008) and I was not a fan of that one. I'd very much so recommend The Visit (2015) to anyone that enjoys M. Night's films or the thriller genre in general.

2 comments :

  1. I have high hopes for this movie. I love most of M. Night's films, so when I started seeing the trailers for this one, I was instantly excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soooo good! You have to let me know if you see it and what you thought of it. I'm dying to talk to someone about it.

      Delete