MENU

December 7, 2015

Funny Little Boys, Slappy The Dummy & A Retweet From R.L. Stine...

The other day at work I had the funniest little boy come in. He walked up to the reference desk and asked me if I knew where the Goosebumps books were because he wanted a book about Slappy the Dummy. I proceed to bring him over to the R.L. Stine books and pull out all of the books about Slappy.

As I show him each title out he goes "Nope... That's not it..." We go through every title there about Slappy and none of the books I showed him as the book he is looking for. So I have him follow me back to the reference desk so I can hop on Amazon to see if we can find the book he is looking for together. After a couple of minutes he points at the screen and goes "That's it! That's the one I want..."

I look at him and look at the title, then I laugh. I proceeded to tell him that it was the first book I showed him when we walked over to the collection of Goosebumps books. So I asked if he wanted to go back over and get the copy we had of Night of the Living Dummyand he says no. I ask him why and he starts telling me that he wants the one on the screen because the cover of the one we have at the library freaks him out.
I look at him and then his grandfather and explain that it's the same exact story, it just was re-released and has a new cover. But no, the cover on the copy that we had freaked him out so he didn't want it. I offered to put a piece of paper over the cover so he didn't have to look at it but he said no.

I told him since we already owned the book that I couldn't buy the one with the cover he wanted and he was out of luck. He said okay and thanked me for looking.

I just thought the whole thing was just too funny so I tweeted it and added R.L. Stine Twitter handle (@RL_Stine) to my tweet and he retweeted it! He was one of my favorite authors as a child, so my inner nine-year-old was super excited.
The whole thing was funny and neat, and it made my day. So It thought I'd share it with all of you.

2 comments :

  1. That's so cool! RL Stine was the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved him as a kid and I still kinda do because he is just awesome.

      Delete