MENU

May 1, 2012

Music A To Z: A Is For...

A is for...  A Certain Shade of Green by Incubus and All My Life by Foo Fighters.

FACT: "A Certain Shade of Green" was one of the bands' single in 1997 from the album S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is hands down my favorite Incubus album as a whole. I love hearing them play "A Certain Shade of Green" live because it seems to perk the audience up and I feel like it makes everyone rock out that much harder.


A Certain Shade Of Green by Incubus on Grooveshark


A Certain Shade of Green
A certain shade of green,
tell me, is that what you need?
All signs around say move ahead.
Could someone please explain to me your ever present
lack of speed?
Are your muscles bound by ropes?
Or do crutches cloud your day?
My sources say the road is clear,
and street signs point the way.
Are you gonna stand around till 2012 A.D.?
What are you waiting for,
A certain shade of green?
I think I grew a gray watching you procrastinate.
What are you waiting for,
A certain shade of green?
Would a written invitation
signed, "Choose now or lose it all,"
sedate your hesitation?
Or inflame and make you stall?
You've been raised in limitation,
but that glove never fit quite right.
The time has passed for hand-me-downs,
choose anew, please evolve,
take flight
What are you waiting for?
A written invitation?
A public declaration?
A private consolation?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

FACT: "All My Life" by Foo Fighters was released in 2002 as the first single off of their album One by One.

This song reminds me of the first time I saw the Foo Fighter in concert which was in 2003 at Hammerstein Ballroom for the One by One tour. I went to see the show with Justin (It was our first concert together), my sister, Erin and Chas. It was such a chaotic, awesome concert. It was actually at this concert that I ended up biting some dude and punching a crowd surfing chick for kicking me in the head. It was great.


All My Life by Foo Fighters on Grooveshark


All My Life
All my life I've been searching for something
Something never comes never leads to nothing
Nothing satisfies but I'm getting close
Closer to the prize at the end of the rope
All night long I dream of the day

When it comes around and it's taken away
Leaves me with the feeling that I feel the most
Feel it come to life when I see your ghost

Calm down don't you resist
You've such a delicate wrist
And if I give it a twist
Something to hold when I lose my grip
Will I find something in there
To give me just what I need
Another reason to bleed
One by one hidden up my sleeve
Don't let it go to waste, I love it but I hate the taste

Weight keepin' me down
Will I find a believer
Another one who believes
Another one to deceive
Over and over down on my knees

If I get any closer
And if you open up wide
And if you let me inside
On and on I've got nothing to hide
Then I'm done done on to the next one
Both of these songs remind me of jumping up and down in a crowd at concert and they also make me want to scream the lyrics while I'm blasting them in my car.

2 comments :

  1. oh yeah, thats fun! I love green too, any shade of green, my wedding was green lol

    I awarded you with a sunshine award couple of days ago, (im a bit late to let you know, sorry)but come check it out on my blog :)

    xo
    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.

      I'm sorry. I read everyone's blogs while I'm at work and I haven't been able to really get a on a computer, so I've been a crappy person.

      Delete