MENU

August 14, 2012

Swollen Eyes From My Day At The Beach...

Yesterday I spent the afternoon at the beach with Justin, his mother, sisters, step-father & cousins. We were there for a decent amount of time. We played in the sand, chatted and went swimming.

The waves were crazy yesterday and there as a bit of an undertow. I actually ended up wiping up pretty badly. I got knocked over by a wave, flipped over twice hitting my head on the sand and getting knocked down by another when I tried to get up. I ended up a good twenty feet away from Justin and his sister. This prompted us to get out of the water for awhile.

Eventually we headed back to his mother's house to have dinner and play a few rounds of Apples to Apples (The none dirty version obviously) before Justin decided it was time to go home.

After Justin dropped me off at my house I was so tired I decided to take a nap. When I woke up my eyelids were swollen practically shut. I didn't know what to do so I just went back to sleep hoping that I'd wake up in the morning and they'd be fine. No such luck. My eyes were exactly the same when I got up. I decided that there was no way I was going to work in the condition I was in so I called in sick. I spent the majority of the day sleeping, putting compresses on my eyes and random medicated eye drops. Eventually the swelling went down and at the moment my eyes are feeling okay but not a hundred percent.

I honestly have no clue what happened. I don't know if my eyelids got sunburned or I got something in my eyes from the water. All I know is that has never happened before when I've been to the beach. I guess it'll remain a mystery.

2 comments :

  1. ohhh no im so sorry! i would definitely keep those compresses on...i hope youre okay lovey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's a bummer (and strange... I wonder what caused it?) I hope your eyes get better really soon!

    ReplyDelete