MENU

August 12, 2014

Loss Of A Brilliant Soul...

I don't normally tend to pay much attention when there is news about a celebrity passing away.  Most of the time I'm like "That's sad" or some other similar sentiment when I'm discussing it with whomever, but for some reason I'm super bummed about Robin Williams passing away.

I guess it's because it sadness me that someone who could make people feel better by simply making them laugh was so sad himself and struggling with so many demons and that he felt like the only way out was to end his life. And that being said, I am very much so aware that most brilliant minds are more so than not tortured souls but it's still very sad to me that such genius comes at such a price. I hope Mr. William's soul is finally at peace but I also hope that another brilliant mind isn't taken away in the same fashion.


Please know that if you're feeling down and think there is no other way but suicide, you're wrong. There are people out there that care and that would be devastated without you in their lives.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-8255

4 comments :

  1. I know exactly what you mean.
    I genuinely cried when I found out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't believe it when I heard it on the news.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you. This one really hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. If he would have died any other way, I probably would have gone along the "That's sad" route but him killing himself has made more of an impact on me.

      Delete